Monday, June 14, 2010

Blog #1 & Guidelines for Posts

Guidelines for Posts


Each post needs to be a "free write." In other words, I will not be "grading" you on grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Your typing ability should not impact your grade for this portion of your final grade.

I expect each post to be quite lengthy -- around 250 words (ask if you do not know how to cut/paste into Word to do a word count). Each post should show me that you have adequately reviewed the assigned readings. Your opinion matters to me and should show through in your comments. I will NOT mark you down for having an opinion that differs from mine (either as a person, or as a teacher). I WILL mark you down for not answering the following question: WHY? No opinion is valid in writing unless you answer that question.

Above all, address what I ask you to address in the assignment for the week and try to avoid tangental thinking and writing.

Blog #1

I would like you to reflect on those sections in your reading that were NOT articles (sections pertaining to writing or the writing process). Please tell me what is similar about the sections to what you have previously learned and what is different. Please highlight sections you found interesting and/or new to you. These sections are, I think, some of the most important for developing a basis for your research paper.

I also asked you to read some articles out of They Say, I Say. You need not discuss these in your blog post.

Blog #1 is due by midnight on September 5th (Sunday). Yes, I will know when you posted this. I will begin grading about the time I get to school on the 6th. Remember, my dog wakes me up at around 5:30 every morning.

4 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamario said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fernando said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
beths102blog said...

Kristen,
I like the "They Say, I Say" book. It's simple and to the point. It makes so much sense. It's all common sense once you stop and think about it. For instance, the way to responding to an argument by leading into the argument of ... and responding with my response to the argument followed by support of what I have to say. I like the simple templates that this book offers to follow. The challenge is to put these templates into practice and executing them well.